USAO Existential Literature
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schopenhauer

Go down

Schopenhauer Empty Schopenhauer

Post  clane Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:40 am

As we read and discuss notes from the notes from under ground I slowly found that there were many similarities to the way of thinking that was represented by the underground man and with the train of thought of Arthur Schopenhauer. Schopenhauer establishes a will that all of what is considered reality is a representation of. This will is similar to the idea of the laws of nature that is brought up in part one of the notes from under ground. It can also, I think, be seen as represented in the wall that is brought up in the book. I believe that the under ground mans rebellion for the sake of rebellion is the same end result that Schopenhauer praises. I believe that the notes are presented in the way that they are, showing a defeated man, to counter the ideas of thinkers similar to Schopenhauer. I hope to find a article that brings this up and use it as my first assignment. I would have done it sooner if I would not have fell behind with us missing Thursday and then me being sick. I would love to here any feed back on these ideas that anyone has.

clane
Vaguely Nauseated

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum